About this course
In IT sphere, besides the technical specialists (developers, engineers, QAs, etc.), there is a need for other specialists also, especially for linguists. So, the specialists that don't have technical background, should also know the features of IT sphere.
Technical writing encompasses all documentation of complex technical processes. It includes reports, executive summary statements, and briefs. Any time technical information is conveyed in writing at work, it is, by definition, technical writing.
Quick Start's this course is designed for Technical writer's preparation in IT sphere. It will introduce to the profession that has a big demand now and will prepare competitive technical writers in this field.
Who can participate?
- Those, who want to continue the career in IT, as a technical writer
- Those, who are interested in writing a technical documents
Description of the training
- The importance of written speech in the workplace
- What is the technical writing?
- Technical writing. historical overview
- What is the aim of using technical writing?
- The types of technical writing
- Why do the developers fail in writing the technical texts?
- Who is the technical writer?
- What skills should the technical writer have?
The participants will master in theoretical materials by doing practical tasks.
The course includes some additional stages
- Guest speakers from leading companies in the field
- Final work or test
- Qualification issuance
- Link with the employers companies
Intermediate (B1-B2) or above level of English language
The main Results
In the end of the course, the participants will master in
- technical writing
- the types of technical writing
- the description of complicated technical processes
- communication with the specialists that have a technical background
- theoretical and practical knowledge
16 hours (1 month), 2 times a week, 2 hours lessons
Program start: January 24
Days: Tuesday, Friday
Karine is certified technical writer, who has a more that 9 years experience in IT field. Now she works in ServiceTitan Armenia leading IT company, as a Technical Writer. She also worked in Synergy International Systems, MerSoft, Instigate and ArmSoft companies. Karine has a linguistic background and she studied abroad. Also, she has a experience in teaching English.